Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Shirley Bear!

Not only is the fmr. Miss Moss an expert surprise spoiling snoop, but her Spring Break fell the week before her b-day. This meant 2 things - 1- that the time I otherwise would have spent working on her birthday gifts was spent with her planning, plotting, projecting and generally inspiring each other into an impotent frenzy. 2- that she had those hours together to question, pick and drop hints till I had no birthday surprises left. Here's what she got, even if she saw 'em coming from a mile away.
A moss nest with quail eggs to go under her bell jar and a candy dish terrarium with little Fimo mushrooms. Why didn't anyone tell me that Fimo isn't just for 10 year olds? Not only is it remarkably easy to manipulate, it's also the most successful baking I've done in years.

And a freezer paper stenciled bluebird shirt. The super soft cotton on this shirt got a little testy with me. I forged ahead hoping its recipient doesn't notice the goofs that seems so flagrant to me. Sorry Shirley, for not making you a shirt for Christmas, and for giving you an imperfect one now. Also sorry for making it a bird. Seriously, I tried to make something happen with poppies or squirrels or acorns, but all I could do was bird. It wasn't for lack of trying, or lack of affection, just a lack of creativity on my part.So here's to you, Mama Bear! Happy Birthday and thanks for giving me the excuse to play with some old and new friends. Freezer paper and exacto, moss, glass, quail eggs, raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens, and polymer clay. We missed you so much today, and won't be able stand being away much longer. As soon as B's snot runs clear, we'll be breaking down your door. Count on it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for everything - you really spoil me! I LOVE it all! We missed you guys today.

    Love ~ the 3 bears

    ReplyDelete