Friday, December 18, 2009

More Cut Paper, More Potential for Spoiled Surprises

Stop Right There, Mom. Do Not Read Any Further. Besides, shame on you if you decide to start reading my blog one week before Christmas. I mean really!






Wrens always remind me of my grandma, though she probably doesn't know that. I was sitting at her sewing machine, looking out her window when I identified my first wren. Not that that's a huge deal for bird watchers, but it was memorable for me as I was just learning to ID the various backyard birds of our area. So anyway, since I've been enjoying these papercutting projects, I decided a little wren for my grandma to supplement her gift would be just the ticket. Here's the result.It's a little larger than the crows, about 5 inches across. My challenge now is finding a way to package all these pieces so that they'll be safe and flat, but without incurring the expense of framing. I'm still scratching my head a little about this. Any suggestions would be warmly appreciated.

The other X-acto project I finished this morning is a little different. I wanted to make something graphic and woodland themed for my mom. She loves cards and paper products, and she makes gorgeous ones herself, so I decided to put my own spin on a set of note cards and envelopes.
It's set of 6, 3 hedgehog cards, 3 fox cards. I'm pretty excited about these, although cutting the envelopes (which are NOT origami paper) got old right quick. I've got a sore index finger to show for it, despite the super sharp Martha Stewart brand cutting blades I picked up last night. Seriously, like butter.Anyway, more to come soon. I have a stack of things I won't be able to post till after the holidays, but there's some good stuff in there. You'll see.

1 comment: