Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Beckett's Potting Bench

Our crazy mild winter has had me itching to start planting. Today, Beckett and I started some seeds inside, which was so gratifying, and we needed some simple tags for our pots. The leftover Totoro and walrus cupcake picks weren't quite going to cut it. So, while B was in his bath, I sketched some.Is it too late for a New Year's resolution? I think I should resolve to draw daily. I used to draw daily. Now I just plan out large scale projects and other such impossibilities and then feel like unproductive crap when I don't complete (or start) them. I always seem to forget the simple act of sketching. In my defense, it's a damn intimidating thing to start when you're so out of practice.

The truth is, I've had a request for some custom owl ex libris plates, and I've been too chicken to start. These simple little botanical drawings were just the right kick in the pants to get me ready to take on a more elegant design. Now I just have to make up for all the time I've lost to cowardice... and sleep... and walruses, of course.

1 comment:

  1. Your plant tags are gorgeous! And you have nothing to be nervous about from a fellow owl lover. Looking forward to your designs---have no fear.

    ReplyDelete