Monday, February 22, 2010

My Birdman


This song is doing funny things to me, as is its video. To the point where I had to double check with a credible musically savvy friend that it was legitimately moving and that I wasn't just having a hormonal overreaction (I do that - there's a now infamous incident where a Keanu Reeves movie brought me to tears. Fo Reals.)

I'm not a big fan of Sigur Ros, or maybe I'm not a fan of the hype surrounding them, but I'm definitely a fan of this solo song from their front man. Is it weird that I'm also such a fan of his oh-so-Scandinavian teeth? No, don't answer that.

The birdman has long been my favorite character, I think he and his plight deserve all the same romanticism and fantasy that the vampire gets. But that's just me. (Yes, Shirley, I am most definitely thinking story again.)

And speaking of men and monsters, this little birdman in my belly is getting epic. My ribs feel like they're undergoing a classic werewolf transformation. Raar!

1 comment:

  1. I found this translation from the Sigur Ros song gobbledigook

    þú þök að fjúka út á brot sjó ... Vaya con Dios, Brah

    Isn't that eery?

    ReplyDelete