Wednesday, February 24, 2010

That's Just Ranunculus

There are certain simple things that just really turn me on. Moths, driving, cold sheets, old windows, etc. And the ranunculus. I know, I know, I wrote about them last year too, but given that I'm not fond of primroses (or February, for that matter) these bright and oh so tactile early bloomers are like my secret anti-murk weapon.

Just look at them! Sexy, right? So sexy, in fact, that even as I spent the morning hugging the toilet bowl, I couldn't wait to rally and get my hands dirty on the roof.

I'd like to be able to tell you that when I was younger, single-r and more childless, I was also cooler, but that would be a raging lie. I've never been cool, I'm finally able to admit, and these silly overreactions to mundane things are straight out of the Claire operation manual. I think they've made upgrades to the 2.0 version, I hear she's more into underground music and giant sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment