Monday, June 7, 2010

A Lazy Weekend, and an Old Goodwill Refashion

My parents took Beckett for the weekend which gave Zion and I this rare moment of calm and quiet. I had big plans to tackle some projects, do some drawing, try to satisfy that craving for art that I previously wrote about. Instead we loaded up on jalapeno potato chips, sour patch watermelons, and really bad movies. It was, in a word, glorious.

Unfortunately, it didn't leave me with much to show, let alone write about. But when I got dressed this morning, I realized that I had never posted this little sweater project, and hey, there's no time like the present.This started off as a very simple, short sleeved cable knit sweater from Goodwill. It was the epitome of mass produced, with cheap boring navy buttons and all. But one spool of ribbon, a 3/4" covered button kit, some favorite fabric from here, and reassurances from my husband that I wasn't making a clown's sweater, and it became this. I love it, and I love that we're finally getting the kind of weather in which I can wear it.

Thinking about this again, about how simple and quick it was to change something so drastically, is making me think about a Goodwill trip in my near future. Thursday is coming up very soon! Freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment