Sunday, May 6, 2012

Post KCWC Malaise, or Lost in 1Q84

So much for my day 7 post, huh? I guess I had a little KCWC burnout. I also had, after waiting for 197 other library users to have their turn, Haruki Murakami's 1Q84 sitting beside my bed. Oh man, I got so swept up in that whirlpool, that for the past few days, I couldn't have cared less about kids clothes. But there were so many outstanding things made during KCWC, the flickr pool was absolutely filed with eye candy. I hope you've been ogling along with me, and discovering some great new blogs and virtual cohorts in creative crime.

Huge thanks to Meg at elsiemarley for hosting as usual. She's a whirlpool in her own right, and hundreds of people volunteered to share and be inspired and work up a frenzy along with her. Thanks so much. I can hardly wait till Fall!

I'm happy to say I've gotten a lot of mileage out of last week's creations. Most of them have been cycled through the wash at least twice and they look great. At least as good as they ever did. My one major flub was neglecting to properly heat set the ink on B's robot shirt. I know, such a rookie mistake. The bright blue is definitely somewhat distressed now. Boo. But it gives me an excuse to recut that stencil. Which gives me an opportunity for tutorial-ness. Life is hectic right now, to say the least. It's coming, but don't hold your breath, deal?

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say I found your blog by searching for Freezer Paper Stencils and got stuck here for awhile looking through most of your posts. My daughter loves to craft so I sent her links to alot of your projects. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. Lovely blog and the love you have for your kids by making them things by your own hands is awesome!! God Bless you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. transfer bitcoin cash to paypal. you can transfer cash in the paypal account .bitcoin is one world wodeweb which cash easly transfer money. you can one bitcoin of convert from in the cash.

    ReplyDelete