Wednesday, October 10, 2012

KCWC Day 3 - Tusks and Tails Shirt

Aha! Something complete!  I made a thing.  Well, truthfully I stenciled and appliqued a preexisting thing, but you catch my drift.  I never thought the good old walrus would still be such a source of joy in this house.  It's unsurpassed for immediate glee.  Mustaches too, as they're related to walruses, have been a steady gag for years now.  It's showing no signs of stopping (stocking stuffers are going to be cake this year! Mustaches are everywhere!) Anyway, here's the latest incarnation of these much loved favorites.  Mr. Walrus here sports a freezer paper stenciled hat, monocle, and pearly tusks, and appliqued over the top is his felt mustache. 
For some reason, I'm a little iffy about this.  I think it's the colors.  I'd prefer the hat to be gray maybe, or brown, but Himself wouldn't hear of it.  In Beckettland, bowler hats are black, end of story.  Regardless, I'm glad to have something to post today, and Becks is giddy.  Isn't that really the whole point?

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Such a great start. Very cute, funny and clever. I like how only the most important charactersistics of the walrus has been stenciled. Simple yet brings out the refined charactersistics of your walrus guy.

    And for the hat... I think Beckett got a point with his choice of colour. Even though brown or gray would look good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, i LOVE this! it's hilarious! i want one in MY size. and i think the colors are perfect! (i may possibly have to totally steal this design for my boy (or myself) someday...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I love, love, love it. And I think the colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. darling. so, so darling! I'm glad to have found your blog. what a happy place :)

    ReplyDelete