Thursday, October 11, 2012

KCWC Day 4 - Buckaroo Baseball Tees

Any success I'm having today is owing to to this epic retro cowboy fabric.  I picked it up at the tail end of Spring KCWC, fully intending to make short pjs over the Summer.  I'm so glad I didn't, it's a nice heavy interlock knit that lends itself so well to Fall. 
 I fudged my way through another raglan tee pattern for each kid.  This time around it was frought with issues, tiny neck holes and gorilla arms etc.  But after fiddling a bit, they've turned out just as cute as my Spring patterns and just as quick to whip up.  Tall, Dark + Brilliant took Becks to dinner last night after the Jones was asleep.  This entire trio of garments was made during that <2hr nbsp="nbsp" p="p" window.="window.">
Anyway, Becks got red sleeves, the Jones got brown sleeves and matching sweat pants.  No pants for B this round.  He's a little miffed, but sweatshirt fleece is way too pricey for Longshanks pants.  It's way cheaper to buy the premade Hanes.  Hell, with legs like his, it's actually cheaper to buy sweats from Mini Boden or Hanna Andersson.  That's a brutal reality check.  He will be getting some pants later this week, if all goes to plan, but just not as many pairs as his brother.  Besides, as he was quick to point out, "Real cowboys wear jeans anyway." Word.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! So cute! I got into making raglans today too - I don't know why I waited so long. I'm following you in my RSS feed now - your stuff is too cute!

    Jess @ tupelo creative

    ReplyDelete