Saturday, October 13, 2012

KCWC Day 6 - Striped Sweats

Today felt like the major payoff to all of the plotting that felt so laboriously methodical early in the week.  So many of the bits and pieces were already cut and pressed, even pinned, so I'm writing this feeling like a cheater.  Like I pulled fully constructed garments out of thin air.  It was a fantastic way to spend the day, though. 
I love these pants.  Love them.  Not that they're anything special, just basic sweats - the little ones don't even have pockets, but I'm really loving the yellow stripe rib.  It was fussy.  It's not proper ribbing, but a soft, bouncy rib knit, so I had to sew a smaller channel for the elastic to keep the whole thing from crumpling in on itself.  It all worked out just fine. I'm super happy with the bright drawstring too.  The whole thing came together just how I pictured, and let's face it, that's a rare feat.
 I'll be back tomorrow with the last day post.  I just have a few more upcycled tee shirts in the works. More stripes as usual.

1 comment:

  1. They are the Swedish colours too! Full aproval =)

    ReplyDelete